How to Open and Use the Console in StellarisThe basics.
Using cheat commands in Stellaris can help you get better at the game, make gameplay more interesting and allow you to skip parts of the game you don't enjoy. Cheats are executed via the console - essentially a text box that you can type commands into. Below we have explained how to open and use it.
To open the console in Stellaris, all you need to do is press the key - it's usually located under
. If your keyboard doesn't have that key, or that key isn't working for you, here are other ways you can open the command console:
To use the console, simply type in a cheat code and hit
. An example is
, typing this command into the console and hitting enter will instantly print a list of all planets and the amount of each in your game. You can find a list of all cheat codes on our cheat list.
Console Guides for Other Games
Check out these guides if you'd like to find out how to open the console in other games:
- A game you're likely familiar with.. Paradox Interactive's Hearts of Iron IV
- And another game you might've heard of.. Europa Universalis IV
- How to Open the Console in Skyrim
- How to Open the Console in Subnautica
- How to Open the Console in Fallout 4
- How to Open the Console in Factorio
- How to Enable Cheats in Unturned
- How to Use Commands in Starbound
Use our complete, up-to-date database of all Stellaris cheats to find help and examples for any command.All Stellaris Commands
If you have a suggestion for us, or if there's a problem with this article (e.g. it's outdated or not working for you), please let us know via one of the buttons below.
- Added 17 November, 2022 2 min readHow to Cheat Resources (Minerals, Influence, Food) Read Full